Getting married

Wedding in the Hunter Valley

Getting married and taking part in the wedding ceremony is one of life’s big adventures, and like all adventures, needs careful planning to be successful.

Notice of intended marriage

You must submit a Notice of Intended Marriage form to a registered celebrant at least a month before you plan to get married. This form is available from your celebrant, or on line at the web site of the Federal Attorney General’s Department.


For your interview with a celebrant, you will need to have your birth certificates , or passport. If appropriate bring documentation of divorce or death of former partner.

If you don’t have this documentation, you may not be able to be married, so speak to your celebrant about how to obtain it.

Wedding certificate and name changes

When you get married the celebrant will issue you with a ceremonial certificate. This may not be enough for identification for name change purposes; for example in applying for a driver’s licence or passport. You need to contact your state office of births deaths and marriages, or apply online.

Customised wedding ceremony

If you choose me as your celebrant, I will help tailor a wedding ceremony especially for you. There is no “one-size fits all” solution, and I will work closely with you to customise the ceremony to include all of the elements you want.

Although I have many ready-made examples available, I encourage couples to personalise them with my help if necessary.

There are many ways to express your feelings during your wedding ceremony, and I will help you do so. We will work together to ensure that the wedding ceremony reflects your wishes and aspirations and is memorable for your guests.

Go to the wedding ceremony

Wedding celebrant in Brisbane